Saturday, November 26, 2011

Good-Luck Talismans Can't Hurt

You'll recall that I said that the Ward family would either be a Star Wars family (or, if you prefer, the "Star Wards") or a Star Trek family for Halloween.  Curious about what we chose?  Behold:

Straight off the Starship Enterprise, it's Captain Kirk, Lieutenant Uhura, and Commander Spock!

Me and Spock
We had a good time at the Halloween party we attended, and won the "Best Duo or Group" category :o). 


And now, the moment you've been waiting for, the 7 months update for Jones!  At 7 months, Jones:
  • Wears a size 3 diaper
  • Wears 6 months and 6 - 9 months clothes
  • Eats a mixture of solid food and formula.  Our feeding schedule goes something like this:  first meal of the day is usually around 6:30, and is usually an 8 ounce bottle.  At 9:00 a.m., we have breakfast:  usually some sort of fruit (pears are still our favorite - anything with pears will be a hit); 11:00, 6 ounce botte; noon - lunch, fruit or vegetable (favorite vegetable is still green beans, with squash and sweet potatoes tied for second); 3:00 - 6 ounce bottle; 6:00 - dinner, vegetable or entree-style baby food (anything with chicken is a hit, particularly chicken and apples and chicken noodle); after his bath, we have a big cereal bottle before bed.
  • Loves bath time!  He giggles and smiles and splashes around and plays with his toys - it's pretty much the cutest thing ever :o)
  • Still loves the jumperoo - it's his number one most favorite toy in the whole wide world.
  • Rolls and wiggles to get where he's going ... we're still working on crawling.  If he can just get his arms in the right place, he's going to be gone.
  • Has two teeth and is working on more - he's a little drool factory!
  • Sleeps on his own in his room, like a big boy, and is doing great with it.
  • Loves his doggies - he just loves to grab a-hold of Augie and pull and squeal.  Augie, bless his heart, lets him do it without a peep.
  • Sits up like a champ!
  • Is really interested in his toys - his favorite toys right now are the ones that slide on rails (if that makes sense?) - he moves the disks (or whatever) back and forth with great concentration.  Most of his toys go in his mouth at this point, what with his teething.
  • Likes his paci to help soothe and calm when he gets over-excited, or is sleepy and fighting it.  He likes it, but it's not like he cries for it, if that makes sense.
  • Is really interested in where Mommy is at all times - I'm afraid it might be the beginning of stranger anxiety.  He doesn't cry yet, but he watches me like a hawk if someone else is holding him and I start moving around, or if I leave the room.
  • Has learned that if he raises his arms up wherever he is (in the jumperoo, on the playmat, in the crib, in the walker), someone will pick him up - it's so cute right now, but I'm sure it's soon to be accompanied by him crying if no one picks him up quick enough for his taste.
Book Report! 

I just finished Cutting for Stone last night (the boo-boo stayed at my parents, so I took a lllloooonnnnggggg hot bath and read my book ... it was nice to have a night off, and I honestly feel that it does make me a better parent to have a breather and get a little "me time") - really good book, really good story that had depth but a quick pace (something that is hard to achieve ... even Harry Potter had spots where it dragged, you know?).  I shed a few tears toward the end, not gonna lie.  I'm glad it was good, since it's overdue at the library so I'm going to be back in the doghouse with them ... at least it won't be another $32 fine ... more like $2.00 ... still, I really need to work on not constantly owing the library money, right?!  Trying to decide what to read next ... I've had a couple of books recommended to me, so I'll probably go with those, and then will probably have to read some junk to clear my palate :o).  I'm also reading the 7th Harry Potter again, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (really, I'm just kind of skimming it, re-reading my favorite parts), and will be posting my favorite passages from that one soon, thus ending my Harry Potter project.  So, you know, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment