Thursday, May 24, 2012

Don't Let Your Troubles Get in the Way of Enjoying a Leisurely and Delightful Lunch

In case you have burning questions about the minutae of my life ...

1.  What time did you get up this morning?  6:30

2.  Diamonds or pearls?  Diamonds are a girl's best friend
3.  What was the last film you saw at the cinema? True Grit ... we never go to the movies, and I don't know why, because we always enjoy ourselves ... and the Russellville Picwood Theatre is like, the place to be in Russellville on the weekend.

4.  What is your favorite TV show? Murder She Wrote ... I love old-school TV:  The Cosby Show, Designing Women, The Golden Girls, Bewitched (don't you love how they're always having cocktails in that show?  Seriously, watch it and see how many times in the episode Samantha and Darren are mixing up a toddy ... oftentimes in the middle of the day) ... whatever happened to quality TV like that?  When I was growing up, my favorite channel was Nick at Nite, and my favorite show was the Dick Van Dyke Show, which I still love, but which you cannot find on TV anywhere.  Lately, we don't watch that much TV and when we do, it seems like we are watching Nick Jr - I can handle/tolerate The Backyardigans and The Fresh Beat Band, and Olivia, but I am not a huge fan of Dora or Diego ... I guess we'll see if my tolerance gets heightened or lessened as the months go by and Jones gets more interested in cartoons (he doesn't really care about them or watch them right now, especially since they got rid of the moose that used to host that channel - that was his favorite part).
5.  What do you usually have for breakfast? Oatmeal or one of those Jimmy Dean smart-breakfast-sandwich things, the ones that are under 300 calories (they are so good).  And almost always milk to drink (I love milk.  Love it).  I like to mix it up every now and then and have Lucky Charms.  And if I'm in a hurry and can't eat at the house, I take Pop-Tarts to work and eat them there.  Now that Jones is off the morning bottle, I usually eat whatever he's having - like, he'll eat part of the oatmeal, I'll eat what he doesn't finish, I'll eat the remainder of the biscuit he doesn't eat, stuff like that.  I usually don't have to eat his leftovers on the days when we have Nutrigrain bars for breakfast (he loves those things - eats every last bite) and on days when we have pancakes (although those are rare and are usually on the weekend).

6.  What is your middle name? Michelle

7.  What food do you dislike?   Cauliflower

8.  What is your favorite CD at the moment?  Weezer, The Blue Album - always a classic.

9.  What kind of car do you drive? 2008 BMW 328i - I love my car, consider this a PSA for BMW:  I got in a wreck a while ago that was totally my fault (I pulled right out in front of a guy (didn't see him, truthfully) and he nailed my passenger side rear quarter panel - it was pretty bad from a damage standpoint, but it's been fixed up by our expert body shop and you can't tell there was ever a thing wrong with it), wherein a Ford F-250 Super Duty pickup truck with a brush guard whammo'd me (through no fault of his own), and my car did so well, I actually had a moment where I was like, "Did he hit me?"  because the car absorbed the impact and everything.  I already loved my car, but I love it more now.  It's also a great car for tooling around town with Jones - I feel safe in it, it's just the right size for the two of us, I can get in and out of parking spots quickly, and get him in and out of the car quickly.  So, all around:  love my car.

11.  What characteristic do you despise? know-it-all-ishness ... I'm trying to put into words that attitude some people have that is just so patronizing and condescending, like they know how to do everything, you know nothing, and the kind of person that always has something to say on every topic, and they're always right, etc - you know what I'm talking about?

12.  What is your favorite item of clothing? Green Patagonia pullover
13.  If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?  Back to Jamaica. 
14.  Favorite brand of clothing?  Banana Republic

15.  Where would you retire to? Grammy & Papa’s house in Scotland, AR

16.  What was your most memorable birthday? 16th, I guess ... my parents hired a limo to take me and my friends to dinner in Little Rock, so that was pretty cool.  My 23rd birthday was good too - Alan bought us a cruise as my birthday present :o).

17.  Favorite sport to watch?  College football - Razorbacks first, SEC after that.

18.  When is your birthday? August 6

19.  Are you a morning person or a night person? Night

20.  What is your shoe size?  8

21.  Pets?  2 Spoiled Labradors - Augie (black) and Layla (yellow) and Clyde, The Bad Cat, a domesticated short hair tabby.

22.  Any new and exciting news you 'd like to share with us?  Not at the moment.  It's business as usual around the Ward household.

23.  What did you want to be when you were little? Ballerina

24.  How are you today?  Fine.  My neck hurts, so I'm contemplating whether I should scoot over to USA drug and look for some sort of back/neck pain reliever.  I am also wearing a very comfortable dress, and I feel pretty cute, so that always makes a day go better.
25.  What is your favorite candy? Cadbury mini eggs ... I've been hoarding them since they came out for Easter, since that's the only time of year they're available.

26.  What is your favorite flower?   Daffodils

27.  What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to?  An as-yet-to-be-determined day in September, which will be the first day of whatever week we decide to go to Florida for a vacation.

28.  What's your full name?   Jill Michelle Ward

29.  What are you listening to now?   Air conditioner running, traffic noise, general office sounds.

30.  What was the last thing you ate? Reuben Sandwich

31.  Do you wish on stars?  Sometimes…

32.  If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Yellow

33.  How is the weather right now? Hot ... too hot for May.

34.  The first person you spoke to on the phone today?  Jessica - had to call my doctor-friend to inquire after the symptoms and treatment for hand-foot-and mouth disease.  This is because I'm pretty sure Jones has contracted it.  It's been going around Russellville (per the pediatrician on our last visit) and when Alan got to daycare this morning, there was a sign on Jones' classroom that said there had been a confirmed case of hand-foot-and mouth disease in his class.  Now, you have to know that yesterday, when Jones got home from school, I changed his diaper and noticed that there were little red bumps/spots on his bottom.  I assumed it was heat rash.  You should also know that this morning, while I was putting his socks and shoes on, I noticed two blister-type bumps on his left foot, and one blister-type bump on his toe on his right foot.  I puzzled over these, and so did Alan, and so did my mother, but we all just decided it was just something from running around barefoot at school.  Now, fast forward to Alan arriving at daycare and seeing the note.  So, yeah, I called up my BFF to confirm that he probably does have it and ask her what to do about it. (answer:  not much.  Tylenol and wait it out.  I feel like that's the answer to pretty much everything that a baby catches during the first few years of his life.)

35.  Favorite soft drink?  Classic Coca Cola

36.  Favorite restaurant?  Hugo's
37.  Real hair color? Dark Brown

38.  What was your favorite toy as a child?  My Little Ponies
39.  Summer or winter?   I'll cheat and say Fall ... Fall and Spring are my favorite seasons, to be precise.

40.  Hugs or kisses:  Hugs
41.  Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate

42.  Coffee or tea? Iced tea, hot coffee (with lots of cream and sugar - right now I am really loving that Almond Joy flavored creamer - it smells like summer to me (that's weird, but that's what I think of whenever I smell it))

43.  When was the last time you cried?  When Lt. George Kirk saved the lives of 800+ people including his son, James T. Kirk, on the USS Kelvin by sacrificing his own (so, the last time I watched the 2009 Star Trek movie).  I would cry everytime I see that very, very sad ASPCA commercial, or the one about the polar bears and the melting ice caps, but we are all trained in our household to immediately change the channel when either one of those commercials come on.  Too sad.

44.  What is under your bed?  Dog hair and empty water bottles.
45.  What did you do last night?  Went for a walk/stroll, ate dinner, played with the J-Man, bathtime, bedtime, then bedtime for me.

46.  What are you afraid of?  Not having the courage or ability to overcome adversity, conflict, confrontation, or some other difficult situation when it arises.  Also:  frogs.

47.  Salty or sweet? Salty (despite my admitted love for Cadbury Mini Eggs).

48.  How many keys on your key ring?   4

49.  How many years at your current job?   5 ... feels like 500 ...

50.  Favorite day of the week?  Friday - it's so full of the promise of good things to come!
51.  How many towns have you lived in? 4

52.  Do you make friends easily? I think I get along well with people, but it takes me a while to really accept someone as a friend, like a real friend.  But I'm a friendly person :o).

53.  Favorite all-time movie?  I can't pick just one, sorry:  The Philadelphia Story, Out of Africa, Star Trek (2009), You've Got Mail, and When Harry Met Sally immediately pop to mind ...

54.  Favorite all-time song?  You Can't Always Get What You Want by the Rolling Stones

55.  Favorite holiday?  Christmas ... I really like the anticipation and lead-up to Christmas.  There's just so much excitement and hope and joy around (most of the time ... as long as you're not at Walmart), it's wonderful.

And now, just as reward in case you made it all the way through that long, random, pretty much pointless post, some videos of Jones walking:





No comments:

Post a Comment