Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day, or, the Wards Get Crafty

Jones is always coming home with cute artwork from school that involves his hand prints or footprints.  I keep all of them, and even now at this early stage of his life, when I look back at stuff that was done this summer, I find it hard to believe that his hands were that small.  Imagine how I'll feel when he's an adult!  I love these little creations, so I thought I'd give it a try at home and we'd make some homemade valentines for some special people.

We set up shop in the garage.  Jones knew just what to do!  He sat down and held his foot out and grinned when I started painting it red.


 
 
This was the hardest part, getting him to put his foot down neatly and then lifting it up.  In the future, I think I will tape down the paper, because it caused problems when it came up with his foot, and there was a lot of wiggling going on, and we would move the paper on accident, etc.  I would put his foot on the paper and say, "One ..." and then Jones would say, "Two, three" and lift his foot up.  




I'll just say I don't know how they get all of that artwork at school to look so neat!  It took all Alan and I had to get the footprints that we did, and there was only one or two that were really okay, the rest all had issues.  I mean, I still used them, and they are fine and cute and all of that, but I really do want to know how they manage this at school with multiple wiggly toddlers?!

 
Loved us some finger painting!  Luckily, it's washable and non-toxic, since it got all over us and the garage, and some of it even got tasted.

 

 The finished product, hanging proudly on our fridge!

 
Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment: