Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tales from Daycare, or, Recent Snippets from Jones' Days at Noah's Ark

I know that Jones loves to color, but I think this is a bit much ...


I have to admit, I laughed out loud when I read this note from daycare.  You have to admit:  pretty hilarious.  And better than eating a rock :o).

He moved up in the world when they gave him a cupcake later in the week - I mean, obviously, this cupcake was way more delicious than a crayon:


"What?  Is there something on my face?"
 
And, alas, it wouldn't be a daycare post without a picture to go with an incident report:


 
Looks like a tough guy, right?  Bless his heart, he and another child accidentally head-bumped/head-butted eachother.  I didn't really make much of it when I had to read and sign the incident report at school, but once I got him home I was like, "Man, you guys must have really hit each other hard; you've got a little bit of a shiner going there, buddy!"  We've been calling him tough guy all week :o).

All joking aside, we love Noah's Ark and all of the great people there.  Jones is learning so much - Alan and I are constantly amazed at the stuff he says that we know we didn't teach him, so he's getting all of that from the great teachers at Noah's Ark (a few examples:  he can sing his ABC's, he can sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, he can count into the teens, he knows several letters on sight, and the other day we were driving in our neighborhood and there was a big wooded lot in between two houses and he pointed at it and said, "Look!  Jungle!").  It's so nice to drop him off everyday and know he's having a good time and being cared for - all of the people that work there genuinely love all of the kids and they are so good with them, and he especially loves his teacher, Miss Shawna (shout out! :o)) and everyday he tells me stories about the kids at school; in the mornings, if he's kind of crabby for whatever reason, all we have to do is say, "Hey Jones, don't you want to go to school and see Miss Shawna and all of your friends (then we list all of the friends' names)?", and he perks right up and runs to get into the car and go - it's such a relief to not have to worry about that aspect of child-raising at all (since there is an endless supply of other stuff to worry about :o))!

No comments:

Post a Comment