Sunday, November 10, 2013

Family Photographs, or, How to Make Sure a Two-Year-Old Steals the Show

For my mother's birthday, I purchased a session with a photographer to take pictures of our whole extended family:  the Wards, the Tanners, and the Scroggins (if you're keeping score that's me and Alan and Jones, my parents and my aunt, Sydney, or T, and my grandparents).  So, in September, we all met up to take those pictures.  It will shock no one that I haven't ordered anything yet, but I am going to (you may recall that it took me like 7 months from the time we took family pictures the last time, to order anything ... I'm determined to do better than that on this occasion).  You can see the professional results here, and here are some candids of the whole affair, which was fun, but wore me out because Jones was pretty wild during the whole thing.  All of the people around, a new and different setting, a photographer giving instruction and moving around and generally being interesting ... he just about couldn't handle it, and throw in the fact it was right before lunch, I think we are pretty lucky to have gotten the pictures that we did.

Playing with some of the stuff at the photographer's studio

That's not a golf ball, but that didn't stop Jones!

Best looking octogenarians I know!

The photographer is giving them instruction, and Jones is busy trying to line up a shot ...


Dad steps in to try and entertain 'til it's time for Jones to have some pictures taken!





 
All around a fun experience, and I'm so glad to have pictures of our entire family, especially with Grammy and Papa.

No comments:

Post a Comment