Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The Days are Long But the Years are Short, or, Ward Family, Party of Four

Soooooo, it's been well over two years since I've posted anything on this blog ... actually, we're closing in on three years.  Which is not to say that nothing blog-able happened during this time.  Quite the opposite.  But somewhere along the way, blogging fell by the wayside.  I'm really kind of sad about it, especially now that I'm looking back at all of the memories I did blog about - there's so much more to tell!  And I do love having a record of it.  So, we're starting anew!  I'm going to do a lot of catch-up posts because, like I already said, it's really about getting the memories down, and there are a lot of memories that deserve a post, even if it is 2 or 3 years in the past.  But, for now, for this particular post, here's what we are up to, right this very minute, in the Ward household:

We had a baby!





 
World, say hello to James Tiger Ward!
 
James Tiger Ward
October 11, 2016 at 5:29 p.m.
6 pounds, 3 ounces, 20 inches long
I will do a whole post about the pregnancy, the birth story, and all of the little details about Tiger's arrival but, for now, I thought this was a good way to fire up the blog again - anything with cute babies (and a cute 5 year old) is a good thing, right?!  And, lucky for you, dear reader, pretty much all of the posts from here on out will have one or both of those two things as their central theme.
 
"The days are long, but the years are short."  I don't know who is responsible for that quotable quote, but it is so, so apt.  I look at some of the posts I worked on (but never published) and Joneser is, like, 3 years old in them.  3 years old!  And now he's 5 (and, to that, he's actually closer to 6 than to 5 at this point) - we've had so many family vacations, and sporting events, and MOMENTS since I quit updating this thing, it's unreal.  And yet, it feels like no time has passed at all, in a way, but passed it has ... and there's no better time than the present to start marking it all down.

No comments:

Post a Comment