Wednesday, December 22, 2010

If You're Looking for Any Last Minute Christmas Gift Ideas for Me ...

  ... then I have got an idea for you:


This is the bedding we're going to use for Baby Ward.  I was poking around on the Internet the other day (you know, as you do), and I was really looking for totally neutral, plain bedding, like in white and cream and khaki, maybe a little brown (because I had a totally different vision for a baby boy nursery at the time, one that involved wallpaper ... don't scoff, it was a cute idea), and ran across this, and I lllloooovvvveeee it, so my plan changed.  The plan is to get this bedding, find a crib and changing table that can be painted red, I'm thinking a dark brown glider or rocker, pale blue on the walls, and then I'll have to work on wall decor (I have some thoughts, but they're not totally fleshed out yet).  I like decorating (although I am vvveerrrryyyy slow about it), so I think this will be a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to it.  One of my best friends, Jessi, is expecting a baby boy (Will) a couple of weeks before me, and when we were hanging out over the weekend, we started talking about nursery ideas.  I described the bedding to her and she said, "Oh, cute!  I think we're doing dogs too!  Mine is a dog pattern with lots of green and blue in it."  Later that evening, she texted me and said, "Well, I knew we were friends for a reason.  We picked the same bedding but in different colors!"  I think it's hilarious, and can't wait to see both of our finished products.

Oh, P.S., my friend Julie is having a girl (which is awesome on its own, but is a little extra awesome since my guess was right ... Alan would say my odds were pretty good in getting it right to start with, but I say:  still right)!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the bedding - and I love the idea of painting the crib/furniture red! I've always said that if I have a girl I'd take my mom's old Jenny Lind crib from when we were little and paint it white, kind of do a 'vintage' theme. I'd need some help from the pro though :)

    ReplyDelete