Thursday, January 6, 2011

What to Expect in the 23rd Week

Pregnancy update time!  Again, no batteries in the camera so I can't upload any pics (I'm finally brave enough to post a pic of the pregnant tummy but, alas, it's not possible today ... Alan and I are, apparently, really lazy when it comes to going to the store to buy  necessities ... I'll try to do it soon, though, I promise).  Went to the doctor yesterday and got a good report so, without further adieu:

Pregnancy Update
How far along? 23 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain:  Unknown, but I really think I'm doing pretty well with the weight gain thing ... Alan even commented that he was proud of me for not using the pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, and he said he felt like I've actually been more conscientious and healthy since I've been pregnant.
 
Maternity clothes? No ... just the Bella Band with pants, and since I wear a lot of dresses, I'm not even wearing that a whole lot.  It's coming though ... the Bella Band is starting to irritate me because I'm constantly having to rearrange it, and most of my friends have told me that this is about the time that they also caved in and went to maternity pants, so that makes me feel better about it.
 
Sleep: Not as peacefully as I would like ... still adjusting to sleeping on my side, and I'm about to try some of those Breathe Right strips, for Alan's sake (although he snores as well, so maybe we should both be trying them).
 
Best moment this week: Wore my first maternity shirt (although maternity shirts are not a necessity yet, so it was really just for the fun of wearing this particular shirt) for the Sugar Bowl game:  it says "Future Razorback on the Way!"
 
Movement: He lets me know he's there!  Trying to figure out his schedule ... so far, I've determined that our child takes after both of his parents - he's not a morning person AT ALL, and eating makes him happy.
 
Gender:  It's a boy!  I'm going to have to alter my poll (over at the top right of the blog) because our name preferences have changed (I knew they would ... we just cannot agree).

Labor Signs: None, thankfully.

Belly Button in or out? In. 
 
Cravings: No cravings yet (again, I define "craving" as a desire for something that cannot be squelched or contained, and would have me or Alan running to the store or wherever to get it because I won't be satisfied otherwise, and that hasn't happened yet), and I would actually say that I am less interested in food than I've ever been before - weird, right?!
 
Symptoms:  Snoring, swelling of hands and feet (not bad, though, and really only when I get up in the morning, but enough to scare me off of wearing my wedding band for fear it won't come off).
 
What I miss: It would have been nice to have been able to drink a beer during the Sugar Bowl ... Lord knows I needed one after the way it ended.

Weekly Wisdom:    The great thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.
 
Milestones: We can finally say, "We're having a baby this year!"

1 comment: