Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What to Expect in the 25th Week

Okay, it's the moment you've all been waiting for:  a pregnancy pic to go along with the update!  Somedays I look more pregnant, somedays I look just chubby.  A lot depends on what I'm wearing, and a friend of mine told me that maternity clothes will probably make me look more like a pregnant lady, so maybe it's time to look into those.  Anyway, Alan took this picture this morning:


Pregnancy Update

How far along? 25 weeks, 3 days

Total weight gain:  Unknown; we have a doctor's appointment next week and I may ask ... I don't want to know but then I do kind of want to know ... we'll see ... and then I may or may not put that information out into the world :o).
Maternity clothes? No, but I'm placing an order tonight or tomorrow ... it's time.  Plus, I'm hoping that all of my friends are correct when they say that the maternity clothes made them look more pregnant.  I've had people tell me (meaning it as a compliment, I know), that you can't tell that I'm pregnant and I always think to myself, "Well, so does that mean you just think I'm getting fatter?".  So, you know, anything to clarify that I'm gestating and not just letting myself go.  And Baby Ward will probably appreciate it - I'm sure maternity pants are more comfortable.
Sleep:  Nothing interesting to report.  Doing pretty well sleeping on my side, but I do wake up at least once during the night and I never used to do that.
Best moment this week: Technically hasn't happened yet this week, but I'm going shopping for baby room stuff the next couple of days and Saturday Alan and I are going to register, so that's exciting.  It's really happening!
Movement: Getting stronger - you can see my stomach move if he kicks hard enough.  Baby Ward is a night owl and is always energized when I eat.
Gender:  It's a boy!  We are probably going to be those people who don't have a name until the day he's born ... we just cannot agree on a name.

Labor Signs: None, thankfully.

Belly Button in or out? In. 
Cravings: Not really, but I've been wanting more sweet stuff than normal (chocolate pop-tarts are a favorite).
Symptoms:  Snoring, my hands/fingers are swelling (I refer to them as my "sausage fingers") and I have self-diagnosed myself with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (which, in all fairness, What to Expect When You're Expecting lists as a legitimate symptom of pregnancy).
What I miss: Guilt-free eating or drinking; now, if I have a fun-size candy bar or a Coke, I always feel kind of guilty.  If you believe all of the stuff you read on the Internet and all of those baby books, all pregnant people are supposed to be eating nothing but organic produce and free-range protein and drinking nothing but water, while working out 6 days a week. 

Weekly Wisdom:    Don't read sad stories about other people's pregnancy problems.  Nothing good can come of it at this time in your life.  Case in point:  http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201101/billy-donovans-secret-sorrow

Milestones: First pregnancy pic is up for all to see!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! You are much better than me on the eating healthy front...Wesley is mostly made up of Guidos pepperoni/jalapeno pizza and gummy bears!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, love the pic! You are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete