Monday, November 8, 2010

ESPN Has No Love for the Hogs



So, I settled in on Saturday morning (bright and early, at 10:00), to watch College Gameday on ESPN, which I love because the hosts talk about college football, and college football only.  I get tired of watching Sportscenter because the hosts there talk about everything.  I appreciate that this is the point of Sportscenter, I'm just saying it's not for me and College Gameday is.  However, I am getting tired of the Hogs getting no love from ESPN.  I swear, every weekend, when everybody makes their prediction on the games, they get to Arkansas and it's like we're a non-issue.  This weekend, for example, the conversation went like this:

Desmond:  Oh, South Carolina by a touchdown, definitely.
Herbie:  South Carolina, easily, no doubt.
Corso:  It'll be a good game, but South Carolina wins by at least a touchdown.


I know, Bobby, I know ... (Bobby says, "Are you kidding me?!")  How long can the Bobby Petrino Haterade keep these people satisfied?  And then, when we rolled over South Carolina like an army tank, we got no mention whatsoever on College Football Final - nothing!  They showed the (admittedly spectacular) one-handed catch by South Carolina, and then brushed over the fact that we dismantled them in every way.  We beat them by 21 points!  Why no love guys (I'm looking at you in particular Herbie)?!

 Don't look so smug, Herbie ... there's lots of rumors on the Internet about your alleged affair with Erin Andrews ... In case you can't tell, I do love the Razorbacks (I've been going to games since I was about 4 and I knew and could sing the alma mater by the time I was 5).  We did have a good time watching the game at our friends' house - delicious cheese dip and assorted heavy hors d'ouerves, and then pizza.  We all ended up talking and hanging out more than watching the game, especially after it turned out to be so ... well, lackluster.  Boring.  Lacking in pizzazz.

I do love fall in Northwest Arkansas though, and it's this time of year that makes me miss living up there.  There's just so much to do, and the foliage is so pretty, and it just feels so festive up there.  We're not going to get the chance to go up there anytime soon though, since deer season is upon us, and the holidays will be here before you know it ... it's just a busy time of year.  Fall is nice down here in the River Valley too, though ... we do have Mount Nebo and Petit Jean right in our back yards, so that's nice.  I should try and get Alan to take me on a hike up there (while I can still hike), but he's definitely got deer slaying on the brain, so I don't know that it would be possible to talk him into it at this particular juncture.

I'm totally thrown off by Daylight Savings Time ... I'm tired, but not tired, you know?  Draggy.  And it seems like today has lasted a week.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and, true to form, I'm nervous about it.  I just want an uneventful, healthy pregnancy, and I should probably stop reading about all of the statistics and bad things that happen in pregnancies, being that I am a worrier (it would also be helpful if people would quit sharing their random stories about how they heard about so-and-so who had a miscarriage at 6 months:  person telling me this, do you honestly think this information is beneficial to me?).  Must remain positive though:  it's all in God's hands.

Random update:  I won at the hearing on a motion for summary judgment that I mentioned last week.  I don't know how much my lawyering skills can be factored into it, as I suspect that the judge read the pleadings and had pretty much made his decision based on those, but it was still nice to get the win.  Of course, then the judge yelled at me and opposing counsel while we were trying to set it for trial, but I think that's just the way he is, and he likes to take it out on young, inexperienced lawyers (which both I and my opponent are).  Anyway:  victory!  And I didn't even have to wear my glasses.


No comments:

Post a Comment