Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What to Expect in Week 15

How far along? 15 weeks, 2 days

Total weight gain: Don't know, but was very pleased (in fact, felt a little smug) when the doctor told me that my weight gain at this point was "awesome".  As in, right on target, apparently.  If forced to guess, I would peg it at around 5 pounds.  Just enough to make pants uncomfortable.

Maternity clothes? Not yet.  Although, as Alan watched me rearrange the Bella Band after our appointment was over, he did ask if it was time to get me some bigger pants (I explained that this was the whole point of the Bella Band - to avoid having to buy bigger pants as long as possible!).

Sleep: All the time, but getting better.  However, I did go home at lunch and, after eating, took a 30 minute nap on accident (you know how it goes:  "I'll just rest my eyes for a second." and then 30 minutes later you wake up and realize you never saw the end of Barefoot Contessa and crazy Sandra Lee is now making some sort of bizarre cocktail).

Best moment this week: Heard the heartbeat again, which is always wonderful, and reassuring (doctor commented that it was very strong); also, being told that my pregnancy is progressing "perfectly".

Movement: None yet, but the doctor did tell me at this visit to expect to feel it between 18 and 22 weeks, and was given various descriptions of what this might feel like (butterflies, etc.).

Gender: I think I'm one of the only people that thinks it's a girl.

Labor Signs: No ... way too early in the game for that.

Belly Button in or out? In.

Cravings: None.

What I miss: Buttoning my pants.

Weekly Wisdom:  In silence and trust shall be your strength (I take this to mean:  stop freaking out).

Milestones: Strong heartbeat, everything is as it should be (according to the doctor).

1 comment:

  1. Yea!! All good news :) Did they tell you the rate of the heartbeat? Old wives tales say the faster it is its a girl (I think I have that right), but Wesleys was always around 155-160 at my early appointments.

    ReplyDelete